Azealia Banks and Lana Del Rey

Hannah Grine, News Writer

On October 10, 2018, Azealia banks had criticized Lana Del Rey for a comment she had left on Kanye West’s Instagram, condemning West for his pro-Trump views. Kanye had posted a photo of him wearing a MAGA hat. Del Rey had commented and said that Trump was a loss for the country. Banks followed up with a long thread condemning Del Rey for her selective outrage.
“To me this just looks like the typical white woman using a weakened target to ‘pretend’ to be an ally.” Banks wrote in reply to Del Rey’s Instagram comment.  More than a week later from Banks’ initial tweet, Del Rey had responded to Banks’ critique with a fairly threatening tweet. “u know the addy. Pull up anytime. Say it to my face. But if I were you- I wouldn’t.”
After this, things got pretty heated. Banks started making a long series of derogatory comments about Del Rey’s appearance. “First, we need to call the surgeon who did her pointy Michael Jackson nose and ask for some kybella for those chicken patties!! Next we need her to head over to Instagram in some FlatTummyCo lollipops and a $20 waist trainer!”
Lana then replied with “I’ll send you my surgeon’s number and a good psychiatrist I know in LA- your psych MEDs aren’t working #uneedanewcocktail.” A lot more remarks about mental and physical appearance were made me both Banks and Del Rey. Banks said that Del Rey had shown her true colors with her tweets.
Finally after many nasty tweets, Banks told Del Rey know that she would be suing her for her “pull up tweet” that started the feud. Del Rey told Banks “Tell him it’s a promise, not a threat.” The feud is no longer. After those last tweets, nothing else was said. Lana Del Rey and Azealia Banks should not be messed with.

Hannah Grine, News Writer

Hannah Grine was born in Los Angeles, California. When she was almost two years old she moved to Houston, Texas. She lived there for seven years before...