4 Killed in a Downtown Cincinnati Bank, Including Gunman.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/national/police-respond-to-reports-of-active-shooter-in-downtown-cincinnati

Click2Houston

Hannah Grine, News Writer

On September 6th a gunman open fired at a downtown bank in Cincinnati, killing three people and wounding five others. Police had received an emergency call at 9:11 am on Thursday and several officers responded to the active shooter situation.

Police said the gunman, Omar Santa Perez, 29, was shot and killed after a brief gun battle. The four fatalities, including Perez, make this one of the deadliest mass shootings Cincinnati in years. Hamilton county prosecutor, Joe Deters, said the suspect used a 9mm handgun, and police chief Eliot Isaac said the gunman was carrying hundreds of rounds of ammunition. Isaac was quoted as saying there “was an exchange of gunfire between our officers and the suspect.” “He could’ve killed over 100 people.” Deter says. The shooter open fired at the loading dock of the building before entering the bank’s lobby where he continued his rampage.  

“There was definitely a lot of blood,” said Zach Fritzhand, who saw police taking victims out of the building. “A bunch of were coming in with guns,” Fritzhand said. “I saw a women lay down. A police officer dragged her out of the bank. She was talking. She was bleeding, her shirt was all red.” One unnamed witness, a construction worker, told WWWTelevision he heard at least 6 gunshots before police arrived. There have been over 500 deadly incidents with weapons in the U.S in 2018.