An Athletes Dream

Back to Article
Back to Article

An Athletes Dream

Nick Sessions, Sports Writer

Every athlete, of any sport, dreams of going to college on a full ride scholarship. They dream of playing the sport they love and getting an education that will take them anywhere. Most athletes know that sports will only take them so far, so they want a degree to achieve greater success.There are always going to be obstacles on the road to success. You have to know how to overcome them and stay focused on your dream. If your dream is something you really want, you wouldn’t let anything stop you from achieving it. This is something great athletes understand.

These dream scholarships don’t come easy. You can be an exceptional athlete and not get any college scholarships or offers because you don’t have the grades. My mom and pop always tell me, “You can’t go anywhere without the books,”  “Football isn’t going to last forever–you always have to have a back plan for football.” Grades are the most important part of getting a scholarship. Especially when it comes to getting a degree. No one can take that accomplishment away from you. A degree is something hard earned. It’s a big part of becoming something or going somewhere in life and always looks good on your job applications.”

Many professional athletes today got their scholarship(s) for sports, but have stayed in college for 5 years just to finish their schooling and get their degree for a career outside of spots. Many other athletes have been blessed to be a 3 and out player or 2 and out player and then go back later on get their masters.A 3 and out or 2 and out means that the athlete doesn’t stay for all 4 years of college.H either finished and tried out for the NFL after 3 or 2 years of college. My cousins Cory Butler-Byrd, former Utah receiver/ defensive back #16,and Troy Williams, Utah quarterback #3, both went to the University of Utah on a full ride scholarship and received a masters degree from the University. Other athletes such as Emmitt Smith, Hall of Fame,Dallas Cowboys running back #22, Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback #7, and Troy Polamalu, Former Pittsburgh Steeler strong safety #43, are athletes that didn’t stay in college to complete a degree, and went back to finish later in their lifetime after realizing the importance of it.These degrees can get you a good paying job that will help pay your bills and also take care of a family.

As I said before, every athlete wants a full ride scholarship for sports, but they also want a good education while they’re in college. A degree brings about many opportunities in life that would not be available to you if it weren’t in your possession. Make the most of your athletic career, but remember it won’t last forever– so invest in your academic career as well. Brings about many opportunities in life that would not be available to you if it weren’t in your pops

High School Athletics

1 Comment

One Response to “An Athletes Dream”

1. Shivam chaubey on January 10th, 2018 10:58 pm

Hello Admin,
    Nice information shared by you, your blog seems really helpful for the community and students career sector.
    We also want to draw your attention towards CCJ Media Changemaker Scholarship & Couric Fellowship Students who are interested in journalism or media studies can apply
    Application Deadline: January 13, 2018
    get more information through the given link: https://www.developingcareer.com/ccj-media-changemaker-scholarship-couric-fellowship/
    You can also check our homepage for other latest updates. The link is: http://www.developingcareer.com/

• An Athletes Dream

Sports

The Utes Extend Their 8th Win Streak

• An Athletes Dream

Arts and Entertainment

Is Your Smartphone Listening?

• An Athletes Dream

Sports

Why Athletes Need Mental Resilience

• An Athletes Dream

Local

Becoming a Teacher in Utah

• An Athletes Dream

Sports

Is Donovan Mitchell ready to prove himself as an elite player?

• An Athletes Dream

Opinion

Racial Divides in East High School

• An Athletes Dream

Opinion

Is This Kaepernick Nike Ad Really as Bad as It Seems?

• An Athletes Dream

Arts and Entertainment

Substances Abuse Among Artists

• An Athletes Dream

Opinion

How Depression Affects Your Academic Performance

• An Athletes Dream

News

Welcome to Jurassic World

An Athletes Dream