Unsolved Mysteries

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hinterkaifeck-Hof.jpg

Perla Equihua, Arts and Entertainment Writer

The world we live in today is full of many mysteries, some my mysteries have been solved, while others still remain unexplained. People have gone missing without a trace, many people have died, and their killers were never found.

The death of Elisa Lam, has become pretty popular among young adults and teenagers. Lam was 21-year-old college student at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver. Lam disappeared January 31, 2013 but her body wasn’t found  until February 19, 2013, when the guests of the Cecil Hotel where Lam stayed, began to complain about the water having a weird taste. The employees started investigating the  plumbing that’s when they decided to check the water tanks up at  the roof where Lam was found  lifeless and naked next to her belongings. The LAPD  released a video of Lam acting in a bizarre way. The video shows Lam going into an elevator and peeking in and out and hiding as if someone was following her. She then walks out of the elevator and the doors begin to open and close before it ends. Her death still remains a mystery to this day.

The Hinterkaifeck murders took place North of Munich, Germany. The murder included 5 family members and their maid. Six months after a big snow storm Gruber was looking around the property when he noticed weird footprints on the snow that lead into the house from the woods but none heading out. Later that night, Gruber heard strange noises coming from the attic, the next morning he found a newspaper on his porch that his family did not recognize, then some keys went missing and they found the lock from the shed scratched as if someone was trying to get in. On May 31st, 1922  the new maid came to the house to replace the one that left with panic, not knowing it would be the last day for her and the Gruber family. They were found in a pool of blood stacked on top of each other. To this day no one knows who killed the family.

Resources:

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2014/09/the-mysterious-unsolved-murders-of-hinterkaifeck-farm/

http://listverse.com/2015/02/10/10-unsolved-cases-that-involved-mysterious-phone-calls/?utm_source=more&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=direct

14 Comments

14 Responses to “Unsolved Mysteries”

1. Bailey Willes on May 24th, 2017 1:36 pm

I found this article fascinating. I love learning about unsolved mysteries, and the murder of Elisa Lam is so sad but interesting.

[Reply]

2. Kat Hicks on May 24th, 2017 2:01 pm

I enjoyed this article a lot! The topic of unsolved mysteries is so interesting. It’s crazy how recent this event happened and yet this mystery is still unsolved.

[Reply]

3. Buddy McClelland on May 24th, 2017 2:09 pm

Its weird to think that so many things have happened that have no explanation. That people have died or killed without a reason why or how it happened. And that their names shall be know as one the many mysteries to happen to people.

[Reply]

4. brianna on May 24th, 2017 2:09 pm

The title really cached my attention! I love mystery stories. I agree with you, we do live in a world full of mystery and some of these mysteries will never me fully discovered.

[Reply]

5. Elle on May 25th, 2017 12:53 am

One of the strangest aspects of the Elisa Lam case is this weird coincidence –

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt8lhNNk9So

[Reply]

6. Liana Kaitu'u on May 25th, 2017 8:47 am

Who doesn’t like mystery? This article did a really good job at catching my eye and keeping the reader interested and at the edge of their seat.

[Reply]

7. Kayla Lien on May 30th, 2017 12:04 pm

As a fan of murder/mystery/unsolved cases, this article really captured and kept me reading.

[Reply]

8. Htoo on May 30th, 2017 12:49 pm

It interested but kinda sad that they never found the murderer and why they did it. The story keep me on edge and it a amazing story.

[Reply]

9. Name on January 31st, 2018 12:22 pm

I found this article to be very interesting! I really enjoy reading mystery stories!

[Reply]

10. Charleen on January 31st, 2018 12:24 pm

I love unsolved mystery topics. One should be done every week or something but maybe get into detail with suspects and such.

[Reply]

11. Ethan on January 31st, 2018 2:25 pm

I think that this article was well written and also very fun to read about, had me on edge

[Reply]

12. Kathleen on January 31st, 2018 2:27 pm

I liked this article because a lot of youths find murders facsinating to learn about because of the mystery vehind them

[Reply]

13. Ethan on January 31st, 2018 2:28 pm

This was interesting because of the amount of mystery the students put behind making this article

[Reply]

14. Aldo on January 31st, 2018 4:52 pm

Mystery type crimes interest me so much!!

[Reply]

• Unsolved Mysteries

Arts and Entertainment

End of Year Luau

• Unsolved Mysteries

Arts and Entertainment

Drake Accused of Stealing Artwork for EP

• Arts and Entertainment

I, Tonya Movie Review

• Arts and Entertainment

The Truth Behind The Movie “Get Out”

• Unsolved Mysteries

Arts and Entertainment

Is Hip-Hop Dead?

• Unsolved Mysteries

Arts and Entertainment

The Buzz of the Beehive: The Art of Soccer

• Unsolved Mysteries

Arts and Entertainment

Box Office Movies: What to Expect When Visiting the Movie Theater This Year

• Unsolved Mysteries

Arts and Entertainment

Remy Ma vs. Nicki Minaj: Beef Decades In the Making

• Unsolved Mysteries

Arts and Entertainment

The Victorious Outcome of The East High Drama Club

• Arts and Entertainment

The Buzz of the Beehive: 2017 ACM Awards

Unsolved Mysteries