Conference Finals

Per Kaw, Sports writer

The two teams that remain on the West are the Warriors, the number one seed, and the Spurs, the number two seed. The series is lead by the Warriors with a 1-0 lead. Some fans weren’t  happy with game 1 and some were furious like Gregg Popovich. As the Spurs held a 23 point lead during the 3rd quarter, Kawhi Leonard took a step back jumper that would injure his ankle. As he took the shot, Zaza Pachulia, as some would say, injured Kawhi. His intention may or may not be on purpose, but Pops went off at him and now Zaza is being sued. He has also hired body guards at his house because of tweets on his social media. Do you think the results would be different if Kawhi Leonard hadn’t got injured? Kawhi Leonard played a big role during the postseason and was an all star.

The Celtics got the win for game 3 at the Land because of a clutch shot by Avery Bradley. The Cavaliers now lead the series by 2-1. Lebron James only made 11 shots and it’s his worst performance at home court advantage. As the Cavs were up by 21 points in 3rd quarter, people were already saying that they were going to win. Then the Celtics start making some threes; 7 of those were from Marcus Smart, who was playing his heart out. He led the Celtics with 27 points while Kyrie led the Cavaliers with 28. We now have a competitive match between these two great teams. Isaiah Thomas will be out for the rest of the playoff. Do the Celtics have a better chance of winning without Isaiah Thomas?

6 Comments

6 Responses to “Conference Finals”

1. mason Thomas on May 24th, 2017 12:32 pm

Like this a lot! because i personally think the Spurs would have won the series if kawhi didn’t get injured

[Reply]

2. Jadin Afuvai on May 24th, 2017 1:56 pm

I love this article and the way you described it as a battle for the west. Both teams had so much talent from Steph to KD and then on the spurs side they had Manu and Kawhi (the claw).

[Reply]

3. jackson conley on May 25th, 2017 8:21 am

to answer your questioin about how the series would have turned out, i think it would be a different series. i want to know your opinion on if you think Zaza injured kawhi on purpose or do you think it was an accedent?

[Reply]

4. Liana Kaitu'u on May 25th, 2017 8:35 am

This article does a great job at showing the intensity and rivalry between these teams. Golden State is overrated and I would love to see the Spurs beat them.

[Reply]

5. Dyllan Recinos on May 25th, 2017 8:49 am

I personally think that the spurs would have eliminated the warriors if Kawhi was not injured. I hope to see the warriors choke in the finals again going against the cavaliers.

[Reply]

6. octavio becerra on May 25th, 2017 8:55 am

this article is so cool because it explains in details what happened in the games. i like how the author of this article was not only explaining what was going on but was also asking questions

[Reply]

• Conference Finals

Basketball

Could they win it all? Is Paul the answer?

• Conference Finals

Basketball

Kyrie Irving is Sent to Boston

• Conference Finals

Basketball

NBA – 2017 Semifinals

• Conference Finals

Basketball

NBA Playoffs

• Conference Finals

Basketball

Who’s the MVP?

• Conference Finals

Basketball

All Stars – East vs West

• Conference Finals

Basketball

NBA Season

• News

Utah Nurse Gets Arrested for Doing her Job

• News

Discovery of Uromys Vika Rat

• Conference Finals

News

Destructive Damage in Florida Keys

Conference Finals