The Rivalry Continues Between the Bulls and Celtics

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Email This Story

The Boston  Celtics and the Chicago Bulls have always been an intense rivalry since Michael  Jordan and Larry Bird started to play against each other in 1984-1992. Whenever they meet in the regular season there always is trash talking being exchanged between the players on the court.

Between these two team are a lot of great players that are a huge impact on their team. Jimmy Butler on the Bulls and Isaiah Thomas on the Celtics who were both  all stars this year and are both a huge part of their teams. These two well known teams are going to compete in the first round against each other.

But, on Saturday morning Isaiah Thomas was notified that his sister was killed in a car accident one day before his first playoff game against the Chicago Bulls. He was devastated to hear about it. And so were the Celtics fans because they were scared it would effect him in his game. The first two games truly showed how big of an impact the death had on him by losing their first two games at home. Then as he regained his confidence they began to roll over the bulls winning 4 in a row before Chicago could even win one.

As the Celtics advance to the second round, so did the Washington Wizards and they had a future series against each other. It started out as a blowout with Boston up 2-0 but the Wizards came back and won the next game, but everyone wasn’t thinking about maybe they have a chance, everybody was shocked about the hatred each team had for other. 3 were  people ejected including the Boston coach. As one Boston players set a illegal screen, the defender fell over and immediately rushed and threw his body on him. Then right away nobody was sitting, everyone was trying to see what happened. Then the Wizards tied the series up while everyone was thinking it was all over. They came back to boston in game five, as Kelly Oubre Jr. stepped on the court the whole stadium starting to chant “F*** kelly Oubre,  F*** Kelly Oubre”, you can tell these two teams really disliked each other and so did the fans.   The Celtics ended up winning game 5 so it is 3-2, one more win and that could send the Celtics off to the eastern Conference championship against the Cavaliers.

Playoffs

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

17 Comments

17 Responses to “The Rivalry Continues Between the Bulls and Celtics”

1. Diego Ceja on May 23rd, 2017 1:55 pm

I have never liked the Celtics because they have been rivals with the Lakers which is my favorite team in basketball.But hearing that about Thomas is sad.

2. Davis Wright on May 23rd, 2017 1:56 pm

This is a very well written article. This article is also organized exceptionally.

3. Jojo Sime on May 23rd, 2017 1:58 pm

I have heard a lot about the Celtics and Bulls game but I never knew who won or not. After reading this article I have learned more about the rivalry history and the hate between each player and fans

4. Henry Ewing on May 24th, 2017 1:35 pm

Wow, it’s interesting, yet kind of sad, how these fans can be so cruel. I had not known about this rivalry until now, but it seems to have gone a little bit too far.

5. Tieni Tupou on May 24th, 2017 1:38 pm

I enjoyed reading this article. I have been watching the past games and it has been a good match up so far. These are two well teams playing for the same goal but if I had to choose who would move on it would be the CAVS.

6. Nick Budd on May 24th, 2017 1:45 pm

I am not a fan of either of these teams, but I love basketball and a heated rivalry. If I were to chose the team that I wanted to do better throughout the years, it would be the Chicago Bulls.

7. Jadin Afuvai on May 24th, 2017 1:52 pm

This is a really big rivalry and I think that the bulls should of did better. They have so much more talent then the Celtics.

8. Yogesh Gurung on May 24th, 2017 1:57 pm

I knew Bulls and Celtics were rivals but i didn’t know it was this bad as chanting “F*** kelly Oubre, F*** Kelly Oubre” after a bad foul. I also feel bad for Isaiah Thomas losing his sister 1 day before the game, it probably affected how he played a lot.

9. sam vakalahi on May 24th, 2017 2:03 pm

I think that this article was very well written. Rivalries in basketball go wayyyy back. This rivalry is probably one of the best ever. I feel like the Celtics played way better then the Bulls. The Celtics are always doubted. Sometimes its good to be the underdog.

10. lorena figueroa on May 24th, 2017 2:11 pm

this article was well explained I’m not a fan of either teams or basketball but these players are talented. I have heard about the bulls and agree that they could of done better

11. kodiak on May 25th, 2017 8:22 am

This was a really good article. It explained the whole playoffs and what was going on in a very interesting way.

12. Liana Kaitu'u on May 25th, 2017 8:31 am

This article was well written, in showing the emotion of the game. I have never been a Celtics fan because of Larry Bird, but it was a good series to watch. It’s fun to see an underdog come out on top.

13. octavio becerra on May 25th, 2017 8:31 am

i never was into basketball that much but after reading this i am definitely interested. i never knew that the Celtics and the bulls are rivals. i think that is pretty cool.

14. Dyllan Recinos on May 25th, 2017 8:34 am

The playoffs have always been competitive and have always had rivalry teams go at it. The Celtics have been doubted a lot but they proved the whole league wrong by getting first place in their conference over the cavaliers.

15. jackson conley on May 25th, 2017 8:37 am

i liked how you showed the history between the two teams. between the two teams i like boston more just because of my favorite player Larry Bird.

16. Jorge Garcia on May 25th, 2017 9:00 am

Great history about two great teams. More history in my mind because this article you’ve wrote and I thank you for that. Details are good here and its sentences. I don’t go for any of those teams but that’s just me.

17. Sam Skurnik on May 30th, 2017 11:50 am

It was very cool to hear that the Celtics are winning the World series. I did not know that in this years world series you had to run from the Bulls. You’d think that Bulls chasing you would be dangerous, but thankfully wizards remained in the pool to protect the players from any serious danger. My only criticism is when the writer said there was trash talking on the court. I believe the author got his sports mixed up and mistook baseball and bull running for basketball. Other then that it was well writen

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Navigate Right