Utah Woman Drowns After Saving her 2 Dogs

Neil Porras

On April 23rd Liudmilla Feldman and her husband were visiting some trails by Tanner park walking their 2 dogs. The dogs were close to the creek enjoying themselfs, until one dog got to close to the rushing water and got carried away; the other dog quickly reacted and jumped in to help also getting sweeped away. The couple panicked and ran down the side of the creek keeping their dogs in sight.

Both Liudmilla and her husband dove into the creek once it hit a clearing and desperately raced towards the dogs. At this point, people had started gathering around helplessly watching as the older couple tried rescuing their dogs.

“So I was coming down walking my dog and I saw a lady getting carried down by the rapids going around and around,” said witness Giovanni Bardelli.

Liudmilla’s husband realised that his wife was nowhere to be seen after taking the still breathings dogs out of the water. The other witnesses searched and found her lower down the creek underwater, having her foot stuck under a tree stump. They pulled her out of the water and had a witness, Jared Gonzales performed CPR.

“By the time I got there, she was completely passed out, she was starting to look purple,” said witness Jared Gonzalez. “It really is scary seeing somebody lying there not breathing. It really is an experience you can’t put into words.”

Police said the woman was underwater for more than 90 seconds. She was pronounced dead at the scene. “This creek runs quick, with the runoff it’s starting to run really fast,” Officer McConkey said.

The woman’s husband did survive. The dogs are also expected to be OK.

21 Comments

21 Responses to “Utah Woman Drowns After Saving her 2 Dogs”

1. Lupita Estrada on May 23rd, 2017 2:00 pm

Sad hearing someone died trying to help their dog. Knowing someone will go beyond just to help their dogs, nice hearing people would actually do that.

[Reply]

2. Karina on May 23rd, 2017 2:00 pm

This woman risked her life to save her dogs from drowning but unfortunately the one who drowned was her. This shows others that people do care about their animals and shows that they are also part of the family, they are really important to their owners and would do anything to keep them safe.

[Reply]

3. rey on May 23rd, 2017 2:08 pm

so sad to be honest hope her family members are doing okay. i hope the dog is okay as well i would of done the same thing for my dog to be honest . good job on this article by the way

[Reply]

4. Jason Robb on May 23rd, 2017 2:10 pm

I think this really shows how much people love their dogs. This is a really tragic story but at least the dogs managed to make it out safe.

[Reply]

5. Mireya Maldonado on May 23rd, 2017 2:13 pm

Im glad that there’s still good people in this world. The women risked her life to save her dogs. Its sad that some good actions can turn into devastating news.

[Reply]

6. sabrine hassen on May 23rd, 2017 2:15 pm

Risking you’re life just to save you’re dogs is definitely a genuine thoughtful person.

[Reply]

7. Nunia Latu on May 23rd, 2017 2:22 pm

This women would risk her life to save her two dogs just shows that she was a caring person for her dogs and would do anything for the. She’s a true hero for putting others before herself.

[Reply]

8. Carmen Olmedo on May 23rd, 2017 2:24 pm

That’s crazyy, what people would do in order to save their dogs life, after hearing about a guy killing cats

[Reply]

9. Lolohea Laloni on May 23rd, 2017 2:26 pm

A true heart-breaking story, we need more people like that woman! Because pet lives matter too, and I believe she is a hero for saving her pets from drowning.

[Reply]

10. Tieni Tupou on May 24th, 2017 1:47 pm

She had a lot of courage to go and do something like that, She should have called for some help so she didnt have to die.

[Reply]

Nick Budd Reply:

I agree with Tieni

[Reply]

11. Nathalie Ramirez on May 24th, 2017 2:07 pm

That women had the guts to risk her own life to do save to dogs, WOW. i wouldn’t do the same sadly.

[Reply]

Nathalie Ramirez Reply:

two*

[Reply]

12. Marlene Camba on May 24th, 2017 2:12 pm

This woman risked her life to safe her dogs but unfortunately she lost her life. This article shows people that animals are really important and are part of the family. She had a lot of courage to put her life in danger to save her two dogs but the sad part is that she didn`t make it and sadly drowned.

[Reply]

13. Sebastian on May 24th, 2017 2:25 pm

This is a sad story that this lady rick her life to save her dogs and died in the processes. This dogs are okay which is nice to hear, but it sad to hear that she passed away.

[Reply]

14. sam vakalahi on May 24th, 2017 2:30 pm

This article really caught my eye. It makes me sad that this happen but shows how much a person really cares about there pets. When you have a bond with a pet you have spent years with its irreplaceable.

[Reply]

15. Jack Eliason on May 25th, 2017 8:27 am

I really enjoyed this article because it was well written and shows you how much people care about animals. They are willing to give up their life to keep the dogs safe.

[Reply]

16. Sonya on May 25th, 2017 8:30 am

This is something you really dont see often but dogs have lives too and they are such a big impact on people! She was willing to give up her own life to save her 2 dogs and for that I truly am grateful for what i have now and im gonna cherish it until the day I cant. Shes a real one, we need to have more kind hearted people like her to be around.

[Reply]

17. Stephen liddle on May 25th, 2017 8:33 am

This is so sad! I am amazed by the love people have for their pets, enough love that they would even sacrifice their life. But looking at my own life i would do the same to save my dog.

[Reply]

18. Nestor Mendoza on May 25th, 2017 8:49 am

This article is really done good and it also is sad to read. the lady is a hero to those dogs. I can imagine the dogs crying for their owner because she passed away and they wouldn’t be able to see her anymore. sorry.

[Reply]

19. Alyssa on May 25th, 2017 8:54 am

This article was touching because I thought to myself “wow a women is willing to risk her life to save her dogs”. Animals are like our own little spiritual reflectors if you think about it you can teach a dog literally anything, I could only imagine the relationship between the woman and her pets, the bravery she had shows the compassion of her character.

[Reply]