NBA Playoffs

Back to Article
Back to Article

NBA Playoffs

Per Kaw, Sports writer

The NBA finals are here and both conference look competitive and hungry to win the championship. Anything can happen in the playoffs. The Celtics and Bulls game is taking a turn; Celtics were 1st in the Eastern Conference while the Bulls were in 8th. Isaiah Thomas’ sister died at the age of 23 because of a car incident and that affected his performance.

While the Cavaliers advance by sweeping the Pacers in the first round series.They were humiliating the Cavs until the Cavaliers went into playoff mode. We don’t know where Paul George’s career will be heading, but he has been connected to the LA Lakers.

The Bucks and Raptors series are now tied and they both look to have the same potential to win. If the Raptors shake off the Bucks, then they’ll be going against the Cavaliers.

The Wizards and Hawks have a history together, but it looks like the Wizards are gonna win the series and advance. They have a chance to go to the Finals and win it all, if they think smart.

On the western conference, the game between the Spurs and Grizzlies is very intense but ultimately boring because both team are basic. Mike Conley is shutting up and proving to the people that he is worth 153 million. The Spurs lead the series with 3-2.

The Jazz now lead the series against the Clippers. The Clippers lost to a beaten up team and they were once considered one of the best teams. They started off great in the beginning of the season, but started losing it. Rudy Gobert went down the first few minutes into the first game, but the Jazz managed to hold on. Rudy Gobert will be returning for game 4 after missing all the games because of a knee injury. Rudy was a key essential to the Jazz’s success and with him back on the floor, the Jazz may have the upper hand.

No matter what OKC does, they can’t beat the Rockets even if Russell Westbrook takes 40 shots. The series is now 4-1, and the team looks frustrated. The Rockets advance to face off the Spurs or Grizzlies.

The Blazers are down 0-3 against the Warriors and are in the same boat as the Thunders, but worst. They’re going up against a team packed with All Stars, but that won’t stop Damian Lillard from winning. As the Warriors sweep the Blazers, they advance to go against the Jazz or Clippers.  

Per Kaw, Sports Writer

Per Kaw is 14 years old and is a freshman at East High. His birthday is December 6, 2001. His parents were born in Burma, but he was born in Thailand....

2 Comments

2 Responses to “NBA Playoffs”

1. Diego Ceja on May 23rd, 2017 1:58 pm

This season looks exactly the same as last year.The only difference is that Durant is with warriors but it seems the same that warriors and cavs are going to the finals.

2. Alex A. on May 23rd, 2017 2:17 pm

I’m waiting for other teams in the league to get better so that we can see different teams in the finals. I’m okay with a team making the finals for 2 years straight but any more just makes the league look bad and that there is only one good team. I’m tired of seeing these super teams that are stacked with all-star players. I want to see all-star players or any good players wanting to go against each other instead of being on the same team. A team with a “big three” or a team with a duo of all-stars is fine with me.

• NBA Playoffs

Basketball

Duke Looks Mid-Season Form Only a Couple Games in

• NBA Playoffs

Basketball

Could they win it all? Is Paul the answer?

• NBA Playoffs

Basketball

Kyrie Irving is Sent to Boston

• NBA Playoffs

Basketball

Conference Finals

• NBA Playoffs

Basketball

NBA – 2017 Semifinals

• NBA Playoffs

Basketball

Who’s the MVP?

• NBA Playoffs

Basketball

All Stars – East vs West

• NBA Playoffs

Basketball

NBA Season

• NBA Playoffs

Arts and Entertainment

The Hate U Give Movie Review

• NBA Playoffs

Basketball

NBA Playoffs