All Stars – East vs West

Back to Article
Back to Article

All Stars – East vs West

Per Kaw, Sports Writer

There are many talented players in the NBA, but few are chosen to participate in the All Star game. The All Star game is a tribute to the fans, but the voting has changed for the better. 50% will be from the fans, 25% from the media, and 25% from players. Zaza Pachulia, a player who averages 5.9 points, 2.0 assists, and 6.0 rebounds per game had a higher chance of making the starters than Kawhi Leonard.

Who do you think is a better basketball player, Kawhi or Zaza? Before you give your answer, I want to tell about Kawhi’s stats. He averages 25.5 points, 5.9 rebounds, and 3.3 assists. If you answered Zaza, take the first exit. Not only did he get more All Star votes than Kawhi, but he was the second among the Western Conference frontcourt. I can guarantee you that there are many more big men that are better than Zaza. There are tons of bandwagoners that are voting for Zaza this year and last year.

The starters for the Western conference are Stephen Curry(PG), James Harden(SG), Kawhi Leonard(SF), Kevin Durant(PF), and Anthony Davis(C). Are you asking yourself, why don’t I see Russell Westbrook in the starters? You are asking the right question, because he is the biggest All Star Snub. A player who averages a Triple Double, isn’t a starter, that seems kind of crazy. He averages 30.9 points, 10.4 rebounds, and 10.1 assists. I agree with Kevin Garnett, “- This might be the league’s all-time history snub.”

The Eastern Conference starters are Kyrie Irving(PG), DeMar DeRozan(SG), Jimmy Butler(SF), Giannis Antetokounmpo(C), and Lebron James(PF). I like the starting line for East, even though there are many great players. They will most likely lose because the West is just dominating right now. This will be a good game between these two teams. Who do you think will the All Star game?

Powcast Picks

NBA Allstar Ballot

USA Today Kevin Garnett

Per Kaw, Sports Writer

Per Kaw is 14 years old and is a freshman at East High. His birthday is December 6, 2001. His parents were born in Burma, but he was born in Thailand....

2 Comments

2 Responses to “All Stars – East vs West”

1. Jadin Afuvai on March 6th, 2017 10:21 am

This article used a lot of good facts about players showing there skills and abilities.

2. Maria Latu on March 9th, 2017 7:35 am

Its cool how they talk about NBA stars who average more than the others in the game.

• All Stars – East vs West

Basketball

Duke Looks Mid-Season Form Only a Couple Games in

• All Stars – East vs West

Basketball

Could they win it all? Is Paul the answer?

• All Stars – East vs West

Basketball

Kyrie Irving is Sent to Boston

• All Stars – East vs West

Basketball

Conference Finals

• All Stars – East vs West

Basketball

NBA – 2017 Semifinals

• All Stars – East vs West

Basketball

NBA Playoffs

• All Stars – East vs West

Basketball

Who’s the MVP?

• All Stars – East vs West

Basketball

NBA Season

• Opinion

Is Our Planet Dying?

• All Stars – East vs West

Opinion

The Star Who Cried Hate Crime

All Stars – East vs West